Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Pink Panther, or as it's known in Mexico, La Pantera Rosa, was one of my favorite cartoons in the past. First of all, I never get tired of hearing the theme song. I like the Pink Panther in the same way I like Snoopy and Bugs Bunny, because they always figure out how to get what they need, without yelling or screaming. He's always so calm and relaxed, even when his life is being threatened. Also, I like the fact that he never speaks. He always gets his point across, but never has to explain himself. He's completely honest and therefore always confident about what he's doing, because it's always obvious what he's thinking. He finds a creative solution to every problem that he's faced with, and never loses his cool. I still wish I had the skill to cope with life as well as he does. I know it sounds ridiculous to compare the complexity of anyones' life to the simplicity of a cartoon character, but there's an essential truth involved that always resonates and makes me happy.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, Sergio. He is one of my favorite characters too..but I never thought about the different things you discussed. This is the mark of a good essay - you brought up new ideas for the reader.
    Please make this into an ESSAY instead of a paragraph. Add a couple of intro sentences, then make the first sentence your topic sentence, which goes at the END of the first paragraphs. Make each of your supports into different paragraphs - you may need to add a few sentences. Then make the conclusion, starting with, "I still wish..." Great ending!

    ReplyDelete