Friday, July 16, 2010

My summer vacation


Last month I went to Dallas and San Antonio TX. The best experience about this trip was having the opportunity to see the landscape and the many contrasts. It was hot as a sauna, with rolling hills and no mountains, like here in WA. I drove hundreds of miles back and forth between the two major cities. I went to visit my younger sister and her family in Irvin TX, who I hadn't seen in 7 years, so it was a happy reunion. After I spent a few days with them then I went back to San Antonio and met up with some other friends, I went to see the alamo, the tower or the Americas, and hug around downtown , which I felt was very interesting place with a river intersecting it. The worst part was staging in shabby hotels with nasty old carpet and bugs.
On my way back my flight was cancelled due to a tornado. I had to wait in line for five hours to obtain a new ticket to Seattle. I had to stay in Denver for almost two days just waiting around. Finally I got a new flight, which of course had to stop in Portland. It was like riding the bus from Mexico to Seattle, just exhausting.
I was so tired when I got home, but still grateful I was able to go. So, that was my story about my Summer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment