Thursday, July 29, 2010

My five year plan.

Five year plan involves working smarter, not harder. I am not as young as I used to be.
Soon I will no longer be able to continue working as a laborer because of the extreme physical demands. Today I was in my refreshment class for Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response and I was sitting with all these white, professional people (no offense) feeling somewhat intimidated because I didn't have a similar title, or education that they had. Practically everyone represented themselves with a little. but when I introduced myself, I only say "I work for King County." The instructor say "what do you do?" and the only thing I can say was Haz-mat Technicial, and could not say anything else.
So this is why I need to develop a 5 year plan for the future. And I am going to separate my life into 2 parts: travel + Study. These are my priorities. I don't know what I'll accomplish, but at least it's a beginning, something to shoot for.
My travel plan involves going to Hawaii in November next May going to Florida, and 2014 spending a month in Brazil to attend the world Cup.My 5 year plan for study involves striving to educate myself so I can became an L&I inspector or at least a Latino instructor in the construction field. To inform others in Spanish about the chemical hazards and the importance of protection.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You have plans!
    One observation: I think there is an art to introducing yourself, and you actually can PRACTICE explaining your job, so you don't have to stop after, "I'm a...". Let's talk about this. It is an important step towards the "white collar" community.

    EXCELLENT idea to work towards being able to combine your Spanish and English skills to inform others. What do you have to do to become an L+I inspector? An instructor in the construction field?

    I'm not as young as
    offense
    had. Practically
    5-year plan
    and next May
    about chemical hazards
    importance of

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you "Amigo" for your comments, I read it and make me fell much better.
    I'll see you next Friday at School.

    ReplyDelete